When might I need to ask, “are you OK?”
There are times in life that can really challenge us. The people in your world won’t always tell you if something’s troubling them. So it’s important to consider who in your world might need to hear you ask, “are you OK?” Moments you might need to ask include:
- When they’re experiencing relationship difficulties or a relationship breakdown.
- When they’re experiencing increased levels of stress or constant stress.
- When they’re experiencing financial difficulty.
- When they’re going through a period of major change at work,
home or in life.
- When they’ve experienced the loss of someone or something
they care about.
- When they have a major health issue.
A conversation could change a life | R U OK?
R U OK? is a suicide prevention charity in Australia, encouraging all of us to notice the signs of mental health struggle in friends, family, and colleagues, and start meaningful conversations that offer support and care to those in need. A conversation can change a life.
Spotlight supports R U OK? Day this Thursday 9th September 2021. There are many resources on https://www.ruok.org.au/. Our favourite is Conversation Bingo!